Careers education involves both the careers programme and careers taught within the curriculum.
The careers programme sets out the activities and opportunities for our young people from Year 7 to Year 11 across each term.
What are the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks?
As part of the statutory careers requirements, every school should aim to meet the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks and we are working towards achieving 100%. They define what world class careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision in schools or colleges and are integral in preparing young people for the transition between school and post-16.
The 8 benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Further detailed information on each benchmark can be found at https://www.goodcareerguidance.org.uk/benchmarks-and-background
Easter Holiday 3rd – 14th April 2023
Inset Day 17th April 2023
Summer Term 18th April – 14th July
May Day Bank Holiday 1st May
The King’s Coronation 8th May
Half Term 29th May – 2nd June
Summer Holiday Starts 17th July